At 78STITCHES, we believe sustainable fashion is highly important in harmonizing with the environment, economically and socially, and we strive to push this in every way possible within our collections.
- We use recycled fabrics, some of which are made from plastic waste that would otherwise end up in landfill or oceans, and some that are made from fabric offcuts found on factory floors.
- We also use deadstock fabrics in our collections; we source leftover fabrics from brands, mills and factories within Europe, which would otherwise go to waste.
- Our collections also use 100% organic cotton fabrics. This means cotton grown without the use of toxic, persistent pesticides and fertilisers, and also ensures fair trade.
- We are pushing to create internally circular processes by using the leftover fabrics from previous LOT78 and 78STITCHES collections, reworked and recreated into our new 78STITCHES collections.
- We do not overproduce. We simply make what we need to fulfil orders and provide for our e-commerce site, in order to protect our environment and eliminate waste.
- The mills who produce our fabrics hold globally recognised certifications including – BCI (Better Cotton Initiative), GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard), OEKO-TEX (tested for harmful substances).
- All our goods are produced within Europe, ensuring European standards and regulations are met for all employees and their working conditions.
- Your 78STITCHES order is delivered to you in recycled paper packaging, meaning it is 100% biodegradable, or can be recycled over again.